Preparing an art school portfolio to apply for an undergraduate BFA degree is a major undertaking, and it can be an intimidating process that is stressful, especially if you are doing it all by yourself without any guidance or assistance. The curriculum we will use is from our BFA Portfolios Track
With set deadlines you need to meet for college admissions, it can be challenging to pace yourself, know what direction to go in, and what skills you’ll need. We’ll take that out of your hands and provide a structure that you can work within to keep you on task during the admissions season.
Enrollment is currently closed
Sign up for our email list to get Premium Track notifications.
Premium Track Features
- 6 students only, allowing for thoughtful attention & close guidance.
- 2 live voice sessions every week with Prof Lieu and a Teaching Artist.
- Voice sessions are 60 min. each, in our Discord.
- 30 min., one-on-one review with Prof Lieu at the end of the track.
- Access to a private channel in our Discord where you’ll get support and critiques from our staff artists on weekdays.
Watch a voice session
Free Track vs. Premium Track
About our Staff
Prof Lieu and our Teaching Artists have many years of advising students students with their art school portfolios. We’ll kick your butt (if you want us to that is) and keep you on task as you develop your portfolio.
We have produced many art school portfolio critiques, which you can watch in our Critiques section.
We understand that many people have limited budgets for supplies, so our premium tracks are structured so that you can use any materials you want, within that track’s focus.
For example, if you are doing the Painting Premium Track, you could choose any paint media: watercolor, gouache, acryl gouache, acrylic, oils, water mixable oils, ink wash, etc. We provide a supply list with recommended supplies for each paint media and are happy to provide further support, but you can work with whatever you have! Same with digital software: you can use Procreate, Photoshop, Krita, whatever you have access to.
We recommend for this track using a broad range of art media so you can demonstrate your versatility as an artist, below are lists in several categories of art media you can choose from.
Software List: Digital Media
Supply Lists: Drawing Media
Supply Lists: Painting Media
Supply Lists: 3D, Collage, Printmaking
- Limit 6 students
- Enrollment is first come, first serve
- All students are required to join our Discord
- We require 4 students to run the track.
- We will confirm the track running by the Monday after the Friday registration deadline.
- If the track does not run, you will receive a full refund by the Monday after the Friday registration deadline.
- All payments are non-refundable if the track runs.
- There are no refunds for missed voice sessions, or if a student is late to a voice session.
- We only issue refunds if the track does not run due to lack of enrollment.
- Questions? Contact us.
Purchase a Portfolio Critique
You can also purchase a portfolio critique, where you receive a 30 minute video, which provides a detailed assessment of 8-20 artworks. All purchased portfolio critiques are private, we will not post it anywhere online. You’ll get to choose which staff artist you would like to receive the critique from. More info on portfolio critiques.
We also offer artist calls, where you can speak privately to one of our staff artists of your choice, one-on-one. You can choose a call to be 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or 60 minutes. More info on artist calls.
Portfolio critiques and artist calls are separate from the premium track. Questions? Contact us.