Photo / Tech Supplies
• Strong and durable surface for drawing. • Excellent for pastels, oil pastels, and crayons.
Self-Portrait in Crayon Still Life in Crayon
• Very smooth, clean surface. • Thicker than most paper and won’t warp under ink. • Terrific for illustration & comics.
• Has a slight tooth which “grips” the charcoal dust better. • Has a texture which will show in your drawing.
Self-Portrait in Charcoal
• Cheap paper that is easy to buy in large quantities. • Great for small, quick sketches. • 8.5″ x 14″ size is convenient for illustration, character design.
Comics Jam Anatomy Drawing Marathon
• Very inexpensive paper. • Great choice for life drawing. • Comes in both smooth and rough. • Not an archival paper, will yellow over time.
• Huge range of rice papers available. • Many Japanese rice papers available. • Wonderful to relief printmaking. • Absorbent to ink and sensitive to the block.
• Soft cover bends easily, but is sturdy enough to draw standing up. • Fits well into a flatbed scanner.
Drawing from Imagination Brush Pens in Taiwan
• Cold Press paper has a rough, textured surface. • Hot press has a smooth & crisp surface. • Neither is “better,” your choice depends on the type of results you want in your watercolor painting.
Historical Illustration Modern Myth
Donate to keep Art Prof free for all!