Photo / Tech Supplies
• Strong and durable surface for drawing.
• Excellent for pastels, oil pastels, and crayons.
Self-Portrait in Crayon
Still Life in Crayon
• Very smooth, clean surface.
• Thicker than most paper and won’t warp under ink.
• Terrific for illustration & comics.
• Has a slight tooth which “grips” the charcoal dust better.
• Has a texture which will show in your drawing.
Self-Portrait in Charcoal
• Cheap paper that is easy to buy in large quantities.
• Great for small, quick sketches.
• 8.5″ x 14″ size is convenient for illustration, character design.
Anatomy Drawing Marathon
• Very inexpensive paper.
• Great choice for life drawing.
• Comes in both smooth and rough.
• Not an archival paper, will yellow over time.
• Huge range of rice papers available.
• Many Japanese rice papers available.
• Wonderful to relief printmaking.
• Absorbent to ink and sensitive to the block.
• Soft cover bends easily, but is sturdy enough to draw standing up.
• Fits well into a flatbed scanner.
Drawing from Imagination
Brush Pens in Taiwan
• Cold Press paper has a rough, textured surface.
• Hot press has a smooth & crisp surface.
• Neither is “better,” your choice depends on the type of results you want in your watercolor painting.
Donate to keep Art Prof free for all!