The Drawing Basics Premium Track will help you develop a foundation for drawing. You’ll develop versatility in drawing by practicing everything from a two minute gesture drawing to drawings that take several hours to complete! A broad range of subject matter will provide opportunities to expand your visual vocabulary. The curriculum we will use is from our Drawing Track.
Enrollment is currently closed
Sign up for our email list to get Premium Track notifications.
Premium Track Features
- 2 live voice sessions every week with Prof Lieu and Teaching Artist Jordan McCracken-Foster.
- Voice sessions are about 60 min., held in our Discord.
- 30 min., one-on-one review with Prof Lieu at the end of the track.
- Access to private channels in our Discord where you’ll get support and critiques from our staff on weekdays.
- Access to an open voice channel where you can hang out with other members on voice.
- Premium Track “alumni” will continue to have access to the private Discord channels once the track ends.
Sample Discord Critiques
“It was just a joy to get the chance to work with Alex and Prof Lieu! So many of the first videos I watched for art prof featured both members and so being able to get direct feedback on my work was a dream come true to be honest. Prof Lieu was very easy to access as she responds in a fairly quick manner.“
Watch a voice session
“I really enjoyed my experience in the class, and I’m so excited about how much I improved. I wasn’t sure exactly what I would discover with my work along the way, but I learned more than I expected.
I so appreciated the dedicated one-on-one time. I think that helped me more than anything.“
About our Staff
We understand that many people have limited budgets for supplies, so our premium tracks are structured so that you can use any materials you want, within that track’s focus.
For example, if you are doing the Painting Premium Track, you could choose any paint media: watercolor, gouache, acryl gouache, acrylic, oils, water mixable oils, ink wash, etc. We provide a supply list with recommended supplies for each paint media and are happy to provide further support, but you can work with whatever you have! Same with digital software: you can use Procreate, Photoshop, Krita, whatever you have access to.
Supply Lists: Drawing Media
- Limit 6 students
- Enrollment is first come, first serve
- All students are required to join our Discord
Due at Registration
- Registration form & full tuition are due
- You can reserve a spot with a $200 deposit.
- 1 week before the registration deadline, full tuition is required.
- When you submit your registration form, Prof Lieu will send you a Paypal request for the $200 deposit.
- You will receive a second Paypal request for the remaining amount a week before the registration deadline.
- We require 4 students to run the track.
- We will confirm whether the track is running by the Wednesday after the Friday registration deadline.
- If the track does not run, you will receive a full refund no later than a week from the Friday registration deadline.
- All payments are non-refundable if the track runs.
- There are no refunds for missed voice sessions, or if a student is late to a voice session.
- We only issue refunds if the course does not run due to lack of enrollment.
- Questions? Contact us.
Art Prof Scholarships
If we have extra spaces in a premium track after registration closes, we will open up the opportunity the apply for an Art Prof Scholarship, which is a chance to enroll in a premium track for free.
Please do not apply if you are not able to fully commit 100% to the premium track if you are selected for the scholarship. Check all the voice session dates, logistics and confirm that you can be available.
We don’t want to see an opportunity like this wasted, when there are so many people who would benefit.
We cannot make any guarantees that any scholarships will become available, it all depends on whether there are spaces after registration closes.
We will announce the week of January 24-28, 2022 whether scholarships are available, there will be a Google form to submit. You’ll be asked to provide 2 essays. Each essay is required to be 500-600 words.
- Essay 1: Talk about your journey and background as an artist, how has it impacted our life, why is it important to you?
- Essay 2: Explain why you are applying for this scholarship. How will this help you as an artist in the short term and long term? What do you hope to learn and gain from the experience?