The Color Premium Track covers the most essential basics of color theory in a practical manner that can ultimately be applied to any field of art or art medium. Topics we’ll address include warm/cool colors, complementary colors, saturation, how to create color palettes, and more. The curriculum we will use is from our Color Track. (forthcoming)
Enrollment is currently closed
Sign up for our email list to get Premium Track notifications.
Premium Track Features
- 2 live voice sessions every week with Prof Lieu and either Alex Rowe or Jordan McCracken-Foster.
- Voice sessions are about 60 min., held in our Discord.
- 30 min., one-on-one review with Prof Lieu at the end of the track.
- Access to private channels in our Discord where you’ll get support and critiques from our staff on weekdays.
- Access to an open voice channel where you can hang out with other members on voice.
- Premium Track “alumni” will continue to have access to the private Discord channels once the track ends.
Sample Discord Critiques
Watch a voice session
“The best thing about the voice sessions for me was that staff wasn’t afraid to push me! Which is what I need as an artist, so it was very appreciated. I felt like I was getting good constructive feedback that was both helpful and respectful.
I also liked that other class members were encouraged to type their critiques in the chat. I ended up taking a lot of advice from my peers and implementing it into the final pieces.“
About our Staff
We understand that many people have limited budgets for supplies, so our premium tracks are structured so that you can use any materials you want, within that track’s focus.
For example, if you are doing the Painting Premium Track, you could choose any paint medium: watercolor, gouache, acryl gouache, acrylic, oils, water mixable oils, ink wash, etc. We provide a supply list with recommended supplies for each paint medium and are happy to provide further support, but you can work with whatever you have! Same with digital software: you can use Procreate, Photoshop, Krita, whatever you have access to.
SUPPLY LISTS: PAINTING MEDIA
Supply Lists: Drawing Media
DIGITAL SOFTWARE OPTIONS
- Limit 6 students
- Enrollment is first come, first serve
- All students are required to join our Discord
Due at Registration
- Registration form & full tuition are due
- You can reserve a spot with a $200 deposit.
- 1 week before the registration deadline, full tuition is required.
- When you submit your registration form, Prof Lieu will send you a Paypal request for the $200 deposit.
- You will receive a second Paypal request for the remaining amount a week before the registration deadline.
- We require 4 students to run the track.
- We will confirm whether the track is running by the Wednesday after the Friday registration deadline.
- If the track does not run, you will receive a full refund no later than a week from the Friday registration deadline.
- All payments are non-refundable if the track runs.
- There are no refunds for missed voice sessions, or if a student is late to a voice session.
- We only issue refunds if the course does not run due to lack of enrollment.
- Questions? Contact us.
Art Prof Scholarships
If we have extra spaces in a premium track after registration closes, we will open up the opportunity the apply for an Art Prof Scholarship, which is a chance to enroll in a premium track for free.
Please do not apply if you are not able to fully commit 100% to the premium track if you are selected for the scholarship. Check all the voice session dates, logistics and confirm that you can be available.
We don’t want to see an opportunity like this wasted, when there are so many people who would benefit.
We cannot make any guarantees that any scholarships will become available, it all depends on whether there are spaces after registration closes.
We will announce the week of January 24-28, 2022 whether scholarships are available, there will be a Google form to submit. You’ll be asked to provide 2 essays. Each essay is required to be 500-600 words.
- Essay 1: Talk about your journey and background as an artist, how has it impacted our life, why is it important to you?
- Essay 2: Explain why you are applying for this scholarship. How will this help you as an artist in the short term and long term? What do you hope to learn and gain from the experience?