The Comics Basics Premium Track will help you get started learning all of the fundamental skills necessary to create comics. We’ll arm you with comics techniques, provide background on types of comics from nonfiction to editorial, and exercise your skills in a range of comics prompts. The curriculum we will use is from our Comics Track.
When you are learning on your own, it can be challenging to pace yourself, know what direction to go in, and what skills you’ll need. We’ll take that out of your hands and provide a structure that you can work within to keep you on task.
Enrollment is currently closed
Sign up for our email list to get Premium Track notifications.
Premium Track Features
- 6 students only, allowing for thoughtful attention & close guidance.
- 2 live voice sessions every week with our staff
- Voice sessions are 60 minutes each, in our Discord.
- 30 min., one-on-one review with Prof Lieu at the end of the track.
- Access to a private Discord channel where you’ll get support and critiques from our staff on weekdays.
Watch a voice session
Free Track vs. Premium Track
About our Staff
Prof Lieu and our Teaching Artists have many years teaching experience both online and in brick and mortar classrooms. We’ll kick your butt (if you want us to that is) and keep you on task as you develop your skills and art practice.
We understand that many people have limited budgets for supplies, so our premium tracks are structured so that you can use any materials you want, within that track’s focus.
We provide a supply list with recommended supplies for each paint medium and are happy to provide further support, but you can work with whatever you have! Same with digital software: you can use Procreate, Photoshop, Krita, whatever you have access to.
Supply Lists: Comics Media
- Limit 6 students
- Enrollment is first come, first serve
- All students are required to join our Discord
- We require 4 students to run the track.
- We will confirm whether the track is running by the Monday after the Friday registration deadline.
- If the track does not run, you will receive a full refund by the Monday after the Friday registration deadline.
- All payments are non-refundable if the track runs.
- There are no refunds for missed voice sessions, or if a student is late to a voice session.
- We only issue refunds if the course does not run due to lack of enrollment.
- Questions? Contact us.
Purchase a Portfolio Critique
You can also purchase a portfolio critique, where you receive a 30 minute video, which provides a detailed assessment of 8-20 artworks. All purchased portfolio critiques are private, we will not post it anywhere online. You’ll get to choose which staff artist you would like to receive the critique from. More info on portfolio critiques.
We also offer artist calls, where you can speak privately to one of our staff artists of your choice, one-on-one. You can choose a call to be 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or 60 minutes. More info on artist calls.
Portfolio critiques and artist calls are separate from the premium tracks. Questions? Contact us.