The Landscapes & Backgrounds Premium Track provides a comprehensive exploration of the role landscapes and backgrounds can play. Techniques like atmospheric perspective, lighting, texture, scale, and space will be addressed through various prompts.
Whether you do concept art, are a fine art painter, or a comics artist, you’ll learn the fundamentals of how to articulate a convincing landscape. The curriculum we will use is from our Landscapes Track.
Enrollment is currently closed
Sign up for our email list to get Premium Track notifications.
Premium Track Features
- 6 students only, allowing for close guidance and prompt feedback, and comprehensive attention from our staff.
- 2 live voice sessions every week with Prof Lieu and a Teaching Artist.
- Voice sessions are about 60 min., held in our Discord.
- 6 week tracks only: 30 min., one-on-one review with Prof Lieu at the end of the track.
- Access to private channels in our Discord where you’ll get support and critiques from our staff.
- Premium Track “alumni” will continue to have access to the private Discord channels once the track ends.
Sample Discord Critiques
“It was just a joy to get the chance to work with Alex and Prof Lieu! So many of the first videos I watched for art prof featured both members and so being able to get direct feedback on my work was a dream come true to be honest. Prof Lieu was very easy to access as she responds in a fairly quick manner.“
Watch a voice session
“Amazing experience. The resources are wonderful and I do not think there is any other platform that could match what Art Prof has to offer.”
About our Staff
We understand that many people have limited budgets for supplies, so our premium tracks are structured so that you can use any materials you want, within that track’s focus.
Either digital or traditional media will work great for landscapes. Below we provide supply lists with recommended items for each media. We are happy to provide further support, but you can work with whatever you have!
SUPPLY LISTS: DRAWING MEDIA
SUPPLY LISTS: PAINTING MEDIA
DIGITAL SOFTWARE OPTIONS
Hear from an Art Prof Student
“I’ve been in art classes where no one was engaging during critique, and it makes for a horrible learning experience. The best classes have students who are excited to learn and help their peers learn, too.
So while Prof Lieu and the Teaching Artist were talking with one of my peers on voice, I would go in and leave feedback about their work for them to read later.
Getting feedback from that many people was incredibly helpful, as everyone has a different perspective to offer. I got so many great ideas and advice from everyone else taking the class.“Brittany Spiszer
- Limit 6 students.
- Enrollment is first come, first serve.
- All students are required to join our Discord.
Due on the Registration Deadline
- Registration form
- Full tuition
- When you submit your registration form, Prof Lieu will send you an email confirmation and a Paypal request.
- Payment is due on the registration deadline.
- Why our tuition is higher than most online classes
- We require 4 students to run the track.
- We will confirm whether the track is running the Wednesday after the registration deadline.
- If the track does not run, you will receive a full refund no later than the Friday after the registration deadline.
- All payments are non-refundable if the track runs.
- There are no refunds for missed voice sessions, or if a student is late to a voice session.
- We only issue refunds if the course does not run due to lack of enrollment.
- Questions? Contact us.
Art Prof Scholarships
If we have extra spaces in a premium track after registration closes, we will open up the opportunity the apply for an Art Prof Scholarship, which is a chance to enroll in a premium track for free.
Please do not apply if you are not able to fully commit 100% to the premium track if you are selected for the scholarship. Check all the voice session dates, logistics and confirm that you can be available.
We don’t want to see an opportunity like this wasted, when there are so many people who would benefit.
We cannot make any guarantees that any scholarships will become available, it all depends on whether there are spaces after registration closes.
You’ll be asked to provide 2 essays via a Google form. Minimum 500 words, maximum 2000 words.
- Essay 1: Talk about your journey and background as an artist, how has it impacted our life, why is it important to you?
- Essay 2: Explain why you are applying for this scholarship. How will this help you as an artist in the short term and long term? What do you hope to learn and gain from the experience?