The Painting Basics Premium Track will help you develop a foundation for painting. It covers basic skills like color theory, brush technique, composition, transparent vs. opaque paint, and more. The prompts will challenge you to jump around between figurative, abstract, and still life topics to expand your personal repertoire in painting.
Enrollment is currently closed
Sign up for our email list to get Premium Track notifications.
Premium Track Features
- 2 live voice sessions every week with Prof Lieu and a Teaching Artist.
- Voice sessions are about 60 min., held in our Discord.
- 30 min., one-on-one review with Prof Lieu at the end of the track.
- Access to private channels in our Discord where you’ll get support and critiques from our staff on weekdays.
- Access to an open voice channel where you can hang out with other members on voice.
- Premium Track “alumni” will continue to have access to the private Discord channels once the track ends.
Watch a voice session
“This has been an amazing experience! I felt like there was a personal level of attention in this class that fit what I wanted out of an online course. I felt like I was getting the art school class critiques that I’d missed out on before.“
We understand that many people have limited budgets for supplies, so our premium tracks are structured so that you can use any materials you want, within that track’s focus.
For example, if you are doing the Painting Premium Track, you could choose any paint media: watercolor, gouache, acryl gouache, acrylic, oils, water mixable oils, ink wash, etc. We provide a supply list with recommended supplies for each paint media and are happy to provide further support, but you can work with whatever you have! Same with digital software: you can use Procreate, Photoshop, Krita, whatever you have access to.
Supply Lists: Painting Media
- Limit 6 students.
- Enrollment is first come, first serve.
- All students are required to join our Discord
Due on the Registration Deadline
- Registration form & full tuition
- We require 4 students to run the track.
- We will confirm whether the track is running by the Wednesday after the Friday registration deadline.
- If the track does not run, you will receive a full refund no later than a week from the Friday registration deadline.
- All payments are non-refundable if the track runs.
- There are no refunds for missed voice sessions, or if a student is late to a voice session.
- We only issue refunds if the course does not run due to lack of enrollment.
- Questions? Contact us.