Art Dare Prompt
Create a 15-30 second video short about your art practice, using a vertical format.
- Get ideas from other artists’ shorts on Tik Tok, Instagram, & YouTube.
- The “hook” is everything in a short.
- You have literally 1 second to get your viewer’s attention
- Even a 15 second video takes time, way more than you think
- The more video footage you have, the better.
- Stills are great to add, not everything has to be video for your short.
- Natural light from a window creates soft, even lighting
- Use very fast cuts when editing.
- Add graphics & captions.
- You can make captions in Tik Tok, or, use the Captions app.
- Editing software: Video Leap, iMovie, Adobe Rush.
- You can use Adobe Premiere Pro, but it’s overkill for a short.
- Sync your content to music that is related to the content.
In the Art Prof Discord Server, we have an #art-dares channel where you can post your WIP (work in progress), and get feedback & support during the month!
Post your artwork on Instagram, tag us @art.prof with #artprofdare. Please know that by doing this, you are automatically granting us permission to repost your art dare artworks on our Instagram account!
Submissions close on Thursday, September 30 @ 11:59pm EST
We prefer submissions via Instagram, but you can also use the upload form. Please do not use the upload form if you submit via Instagram.
We award prizes and honorable mentions.
To be eligible for a prize, your artwork must be an original artwork created specifically for this Art Dare, and follow all guidelines.
Art Dare winner
Choose from a portfolio critique, an artist website critique, or an artist Instagram critique, or 5 months free in our Discord Voice channel.
International artists will receive 3 months free in our Discord Voice channel.