Art Dare Prompt
- Choose an old artwork and dramatically transform it into a new one.
- Be sure to shoot a photo of the old artwork before you change it so we can see the transformation!
- Use any 2D or 3D art media, anything goes!
- The more dramatic the change, the more exciting this process will be! Be bold with your changes and experiment.
- Be willing to get very physical with the artwork: cut it, rip it, make it 3D.
- Aim to make the artwork unrecognizable as the old artwork by the time you are finished.
Art Dare Leap
- Transform 4 old artworks.
In the Art Prof Discord Server, we have an #art-dares channel where you can post your WIP (work in progress), and get feedback & support during the month!
Post your artwork on Instagram, tag us @art.prof with #artprofdare. Please know that by doing this, you are automatically granting us permission to repost your art dare artworks on our Instagram account!
Submissions close on Monday, February 28 @ 11:59pm EST
We prefer submissions via Instagram, but you can also use the upload form. Please do not use the upload form if you submit via Instagram.
We award prizes and honorable mentions.
To be eligible for a prize, your artwork must be an original artwork created specifically for this Art Dare, and follow all guidelines.
Art Dare winner
Choose from a portfolio critique, an artist website critique, or an artist Instagram critique, or 5 months free in our Discord Voice channel.
Artists in the US can also choose to receive both Prof Lieu’s book + Cat Huang’s middle school comic, “The Comic Journal of Cathy Rox.”
Artists in the US can choose either Prof Lieu’s book, or Cat Huang’s middle school comic, “The Comic Journal of Cathy Rox.”
International artists will receive 3 months free in our Discord Voice channel.