Part 2: This video demonstrates how to sculpt a small scale foot using plastilene, an oil based clay that is flexible and safe for home art studios. Watch Part 1.
Working from custom reference photos for the sculpture, techniques such as how to build up the base and structure of the sculpture and articulate the skeletal structure are explained. Demonstration led by Art Prof Clara Lieu.
- Continually rotating the sculpture
- Considering every view
- Rough surface vs. Smooth surface
- Loop tool with wrapped wire
- How to articulate toe nails
- Showing tension in the tendons
- Fleshy areas vs. Tense areas
- Undercuts & Casting
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.