Art Dare Prompt
- Pick a word in any language.
- Create a design of that word which visually conveys the meaning of the word.
- Brainstorm and do quick sketches that show many different versions of that word.
- We recommend doing a minimum of 6 sketches per word.
- Use any 2D or 3D art media, anything goes!.
- Sketch the most obvious, cliche version first to get them out of your system.
- Many words have multiple meanings, you can have a lot of fun with those different meanings!
- Get creative with your design, but make sure the word is still readable.
Art Dare Leap
- Design 4 words.
In the Art Prof Discord Server, we have an #art-dares channel where you can post your WIP (work in progress), and get feedback & support during the month!
Post your artwork on Instagram, tag us @art.prof with #artprofdare. Please know that by doing this, you are automatically granting us permission to repost your art dare artworks on our Instagram account!
Submissions close on Monday, January 31 @ 11:59pm EST
We prefer submissions via Instagram, but you can also use the upload form. Please do not use the upload form if you submit via Instagram.
We award prizes and honorable mentions.
To be eligible for a prize, your artwork must be an original artwork created specifically for this Art Dare, and follow all guidelines.
Art Dare winner
Choose from a portfolio critique, an artist website critique, or an artist Instagram critique, or 5 months free in our Discord Voice channel.
International artists will receive 3 months free in our Discord Voice channel.