Art Dare Prompt
- Find a contemporary artist you’ve never heard of. Watch our stream on how to start learning contemporary art for tips on how to find an artist. We are defining “contemporary artist” as an artist who is alive.)
- Find an artist / artwork that inspired them. Ask people in the our Discord, ask our staff who inspires them! The artist doesn’t have to be famous.
- Repeat until you have a chain of 3 – 5 artists going back in history. For tips on art history, watch our live stream on how to start learning art history.
Format & Art Media
- Create a visual map of this sequence of artists, anything goes!
- Use any 2D or 3D art media.
- How to start learning art history
- How to start learning contemporary art
- Our art history & contemporary art slideshows
- All of our art history & contemporary art streams
traditional collage, written text, typographical design, digital collage.
Art Dare Leap
- Create sequences on 3 contemporary artists.
In the Art Prof Discord Server, we have an #art-dares channel where you can post your WIP (work in progress), and get feedback & support during the month!
Post your artwork on Instagram, tag us @art.prof with #artprofdare. Please know that by doing this, you are automatically granting us permission to repost your art dare artworks on our Instagram account!
Submissions close on Thursday, June 30 @ 11:59pm EST
We prefer submissions via Instagram, but you can also use the upload form. Please do not use the upload form if you submit via Instagram.
We award prizes and honorable mentions.
To be eligible for a prize, your artwork must be an original artwork created specifically for this Art Dare, and follow all guidelines.
Art Dare winner
Choose from a portfolio critique, an artist website critique, or an artist Instagram critique, or 5 months free in our Discord Voice channel.
International artists will receive 3 months free in our Discord Voice channel.