Submissions are closed.
Art Dare Prompt
This challenge has 2 options:
- Use makeup and safe, non-toxic natural materials to create artwork on any part of anyone’s body.
- Create a tattoo design in any media. The design does not need to be drawn on a body, but show us where the tattoo would be located. Get creative with how you show us!
- Stay safe!!! Do a test strip on the skin first.
- Body makeup and face paint are ideal.
- Only use water based paint.
- Don’t use oil paint.
- Don’t use cadmium or cobalt colors. (always use the hue versions)
- Check the toxicity label on the paint.
Body Art Resources
- Kryolan pro make-up brand
- How to Choose Your Body Paint
- Skin Wars (TV series)
- Inked (TV series)
In the Art Prof Discord Server, we have an #art-dares channel where you can post your WIP (work in progress), and get feedback & support during the month!
Art Dare Leap
- Create designs for these 7 body parts:
Post your artwork on Instagram, tag us @art.prof with #artprofdare. Please know that by doing this, you are automatically granting us permission to repost your art dare artworks on our Instagram account!
Submissions close on Wednesday, June 30 @ 11:59pm EST
We prefer submissions via Instagram, but you can also use the upload form. Please do not use the upload form if you submit via Instagram.
We award prizes and honorable mentions.
To be eligible for a prize, your artwork must be an original artwork created specifically for this Art Dare, and follow all guidelines.
Art Dare winner
Choose from a portfolio critique, an artist website critique, or an artist Instagram critique, or 5 months free in our Discord Voice channel.
Artists in the US can also choose to receive both Prof Lieu’s book + Cat Huang’s middle school comic, “The Comic Journal of Cathy Rox.”
Artists in the US can choose either Prof Lieu’s book, or Cat Huang’s middle school comic, “The Comic Journal of Cathy Rox.”
International artists will receive 3 months free in our Discord Voice channel.