Explore options for framing and hanging your artwork in an exhibition on a budget! This video provides many cheap options for installing artwork other than custom framing.
- Watch the 40 second short
- Watch the 45 second short
- Watch the 46 min. version
Formats like plexiglass + L pins, push pins and clips can all be used for a clean, professional presentation.
Discussion led by Art Prof Clara Lieu and Teaching Artists Lauryn Welch.
- Using standard size frames
- DIY custom frames?
- DIY custom mats?
- Should I learn framing?
- Custom framing
- Small scale framed artwork
- Paintings on stretchers
- Oversized, framed artwork
- Hanging works on paper without a frame
- Pushpins, map tacks, binder clips
- Gator board + Command strips
- Mat + plexiglass
Prof Lieu’s Tips
Basically, clients only know what they don’t want. If they claim to “know” what they want, they have no clue how to communicate that with you.
No artist can get a slam dunk with any client, that’s impossible! I got to the point where the client not having a nuclear meltdown was a win…
Join our email list and get the latest news!