OBS Studio is free software that can be used to create a customized layouts for an online, hands on art demo. This video explains how to organize and set up scenes in OBS in a manner that is streamlined and efficient. Topics covered include the variety of sources OBS provides, how to add multiple camera views, and more. Discussion by Art Prof Clara Lieu.
- What is OBS?
- Advantages of OBS
- Zoom is not for live streaming
- Connecting OBS to YouTube
- How to pre-record a video on OBS
- Guests on a live stream
- Streamyard vs. OBS
- How “scenes” in OBS work
- How to resize, crop, drag an image
- Can you live stream on Discord?
- Hot keys to control image slideshows
- How to add a video clip
- “Transform” OBS sources: flip, rotate, reset, stretch, etc.
- Shortcuts for OBS scenes
- Reordering your OBS scenes
- Storing frequently used sources
- How to copy and paste sources into different scenes
- Organize list of sources with colors
- What to avoid in video layouts
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.