Art Dare Prompt
- Create an artwork with any printmaking technique.
In terms of art supplies, these tutorials range from basic supplies like bubble wrap (or any texture) + acrylic paint. Others require many specialized tools.
- Require specialized supplies***
- Require a few supplies**
- Uses basic supplies*
- Bubble wrap* (or any texture)
- Gelli Plate Monotypes**
- Gelli Plates & Stencils**
- Trace Monotypes*
- Rubber Stamps**
- Linoleum Printmaking**
- Potato Prints, meat packing trays, styrofoam, or pink erasers.*
Art Dare Leap
- Try a printmaking technique you have never done before.
In our Discord, we have an #art-dares channel where you can post your works in progress, and get feedback and support throughout the month.
People in this channel provide motivation, inspiration, and accountability which can be really helpful while you’re doing the art dare.
- Post your artwork on Instagram, tag us @art.prof with #artprofdare.
- Note that by entering, you are automatically granting us permission to repost your work.
- We prefer submissions via Instagram, but you can also use the upload form.
- Please do not use the upload form if you submit via Instagram.
Submissions close on Friday, March 31 @ 11:59pm EST
We award prizes and honorable mentions.
To be eligible for a prize, your artwork must be an original artwork created specifically for this Art Dare, and follow all guidelines.
Art Dare winner
Artists outside the US will receive 5 months free access to our Patreon Group in our Discord.
Artists in the US can additionally receive both Prof Lieu’s book + Cat Huang’s middle school comic, “The Comic Journal of Cathy Rox.”
Artists in the US can choose either Prof Lieu’s book, or Cat Huang’s middle school comic, “The Comic Journal of Cathy Rox.”
International artists receive 3 months free access to our Patreon channels in our Discord.