What is a “bad” abstract composition? This video shows a broad range of abstract paintings, and the opinions of several artists as to why the compositions are effective or not. The opinion of each artist on the abstract composition then stimulates a discussion on why a specific abstract composition is successful or not. Discussion led by Art Prof Clara Lieu and Teaching Artists Lauryn Welch and Cat Huang.
- Seeing abstract paintings in person
- Understanding abstract art
- Accessibility of abstract art
- Narratives in abstract art
- Hierarchy in a composition
- Rhythm, diagonals in composition
- Learning about abstract artists who are less well known.
- How a museum display affects abstract paintings.
- Creating depth in an abstract painting.
- Focal points in an abstract painting.
- Collage as a means of abstraction.
- The scale of an abstract painting dramatically affects our experience.
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.