This 1 day workshop will provide important information on how to go about creating artworks for commissions.
Topics we will discuss include setting prices, how to present commissions on your website and social media, ways to process payment, communication with clients, and ways to protect yourself in difficult situations.
Whether you are thinking of doing commissions, are just getting started, or have a lot of experience, we will provide up to date information that is customized to how you can make commissions a smooth process.
Watch a Sample Workshop
How it Works
- We recommend reviewing our Guide to Art Commissions.
Before the workshop
- Students receive access to the Premium Workshop channels.
- Hangout in the workshop channels so we can see your artwork and site, and chat about your goals can make the workshop more efficient.
- Please know that if you have no experience with Discord, it does take some time to get set up and learn how Discord works.
- We highly recommend joining several days before the workshop date so you can learn the ropes, troubleshoot any problems, and get help from us to make the workshop run as smoothly as possible for you.
During the workshop
- Each student speaks on voice with Prof Lieu, while showing their sites for commissions, or images of their artwork if they don’t have sites.
- While Prof Lieu and a student are on voice, other students in the workshop make suggestions and interact with each other in the workshop channel.
- There is a Q&A and discussion period where anyone can be on voice.
After the workshop
- A recording of the workshop will be available to workshop participants. The recording will not be available to the public.
- Students have access to the Premium Workshop channels for one week after the workshop date. Ask follow up questions, share resources, and more.
- Limit 8 students
- Enrollment is first come, first serve
- All students are required to join our Discord to participate.
- We will confirm whether the workshop is running by the Wednesday after the Friday registration deadline.
- If the workshop does not run, you will receive a full refund no later than a week from the Friday registration deadline.
- All payments are non-refundable if the workshop runs.
- Students must join our Discord at least 24 hours before the workshop starts. There are no refunds if you do not join within this time frame.
- There are no refunds if a student is late or does not attend the workshop for any reason.
- We only issue refunds if the workshop does not run due to lack of enrollment.
- Questions? Contact us.
About our Staff
She does consulting and faculty training for school districts, universities, and colleges.