Hear about the in depth process of creating 78 hand painted tarot cards from beginning to end. This video explains the many challenges of creating a series of artworks: coming up with the idea for the series, how to do the research, figuring out the sketching process, development of the imagery, painting technique and materials, and finally running a Kickstarter campaign to fund the production of the deck. Discussion led by Art Prof Clara Lieu and artist Mia Rozear.
- Creating a video trailer for a Kickstarter campaign.
- Researching the history of tarot cards for inspiration.
- The Rider-Waite tarot deck.
- Mia’s experience with tarot starting in high school with friends.
- The challenge of 78 paintings .
- Creating stylistic cohesion.
- Time management for the series.
- Preparing the Kickstarter campaign.
- Making a contemporary interpretation of the tarot symbols.
- Combining line art with watercolor painting techniques.
- Transforming the original paintings into a printed product.
- Creating a color palette for the deck.
- Designing the box for the tarot cards.
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.