Hear about the in depth process of creating 78 hand painted tarot cards from beginning to end. This video explains the many challenges of creating a series of artworks.
This includes coming up with the idea for the series, how to do the research, figuring out the sketching process, development of the imagery, painting technique and materials, and finally running a Kickstarter campaign to fund the production of the deck.
- Creating a video trailer for a Kickstarter campaign.
- Researching the history of tarot cards for inspiration.
- The Rider-Waite tarot deck.
- Mia’s experience with tarot starting in high school with friends.
- The challenge of 78 paintings .
- Creating stylistic cohesion.
- Time management for the series.
- Preparing the Kickstarter campaign.
- Making a contemporary interpretation of the tarot symbols.
- Combining line art with watercolor painting techniques.
- Transforming the original paintings into a printed product.
- Creating a color palette for the deck.
- Designing the box for the tarot cards.
One way to push your creativity is to try drawing with your opposite hand for a minute. See what shapes you can come up with.
Try listening to a song that loosens you up (and playing it loud is a bonus which helps me!)
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.