Part 1 of a complete guide to running an art business as a self-taught artist. This video addresses the reality of how consuming running an art business can be, the importance of determining your audience, figuring out exactly what you do (and don’t!) want to sell, how to research the market, how to price your artwork, and much more. Discussion led by Art Prof Clara Lieu and Teaching Artist Lauryn Welch.
- Do I want to combine business with my art?
- Business skills aren’t art skills
- A business takes time to grow
- Who is your audience?
- What do you want to sell?
- What do you not want to sell?
- Research the industries
- Work & life balance
- Pricing your art