The Art Prof team travels to Guangzhou, China where they draw on site using alcohol based markers, water based brush pens, felt tip pens, and mixed media collage to show the urban sketching process from beginning to end.
Art Prof Clara Lieu and Teaching Artists Eloise Sherrid, Casey Roonan, and Lauryn Welch discuss the challenges and experience of drawing on site in a foreign country, as well as how the traveling experience influences their artistic process.
- Watch the 2 min. version (fish market)
- Watch the 3 min. version (Prof Lieu, medicine market)
- Watch the 3 min. version (Prof Lieu, alleyway)
- Watch the 37 min. version
- The climate in Guangzhou
- The cityscape in Guangzhou
- Cuisine in Guangzhou: hot pot
- Learning Chinese slang.
- The advantages of drawing with a group of artists.
- Dancing to Chinese pop in a park.
- Color and pattern in landscapes.
- Kaiping Dialous
- Travel mishaps
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.