Art Prof Clara Lieu demonstrates techniques for wet charcoal drawing. Prof Lieu shows how to use a spray bottle, newsprint, and compressed charcoal in order to experiment with making abstract strokes on the paper to create a dynamic and engaging range of contrasting marks.
- Spray bottle
- Newsprint, 18″ x 14″
- Compressed Charcoal
- NOTE: vine charcoal won’t work for this technique
- Drawing Board
- Terry Ludwig Pastels – Best Loved Basics Set of 14
- Rembrandt Soft Pastels Basic 30 Set
- Prismacolor NuPastel Sets Standard Assortment Set of 24
- Diane Townsend Handmade Soft Pastels Set of 12 Primary Colors
You can also use black soft pastels if you don’t have compressed charcoal.
Some links on this page are Amazon affiliate links that Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases. These earnings help support Art Prof.