Art Prof Clara Lieu demonstrates water mixable oil painting techniques of a still life based on the complementary pair yellow and purple. This is a follow up exercise to a complementary color chart that Prof Lieu did in gouache to explore complementary colors. Prof Lieu talks about color saturation, value, composition, and more.
- Water Mixable Safflower Oil
- Water Mixable Fast Drying Medium
- Water Mixable Stand Oil
- Winsor & Newton Artisan Brushes
- Freezer Paper
- Silicoil Brush Cleaning Tank
- Palette Knife
- Cotton rags
- Blue Painter’s Tape
- Blue Shop Towels
- Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer Watercolor Pencils
Materials provided by
More Reference Photos
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.