Art Dare Prompt
- Choose either one of your own birthday parties, or a birthday party you attended.
- Brainstorm and plan out how you will design the panels.
- Use any 2D art media, anything goes!
- Decide in advance whether you want to do a black and white comic, or full color.
Composing the Panels
- The 4 panels can be any shape.
- Consider shapes that are not a square or rectangle.
- Experiment with how to arrange the 4 panels.
- For example you might have 2 rows of panels, or 4 panels in a row.
- Visually contrast the 4 panels by varying the point of view.
- Is the panel a bird’s eye view? A worm’s eye view? Eye level?
- Play with zooming out and zooming in on an detail.
Art Dare Leap
- Create 4 comics, each of a different birthday party.
- Calvin & Hobbes, Bill Watterson
- Moomin, Tove Jansson
- Peanuts, Charles M. Schulz
- Bloom County, Berkeley Breathed
- Brenda Starr, Reporter, Dale Messick
- Clar Angkasa
- Jules Sharpe
In the Art Prof Discord Server, we have an #art-dares channel where you can post your WIP (work in progress), and get feedback & support during the month!
Post your artwork on Instagram, tag us @art.prof with #artprofdare. Please know that by doing this, you are automatically granting us permission to repost your art dare artworks on our Instagram account!
Submissions close on Thursday, March 31 @ 11:59pm EST
We prefer submissions via Instagram, but you can also use the upload form. Please do not use the upload form if you submit via Instagram.
We award prizes and honorable mentions.
To be eligible for a prize, your artwork must be an original artwork created specifically for this Art Dare, and follow all guidelines.
Art Dare winner
Choose from a portfolio critique, an artist website critique, or an artist Instagram critique, or 5 months free in our Discord Voice channel.
International artists will receive 3 months free in our Discord Voice channel.
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.