Techniques shown in soft pastel include how to layer colors, how to create gradients and blend to get specific colors, and how to create a balance of saturated and muted colors, and more.
Demo led by Art Prof Clara Lieu.
- Drawing a small thumbnail sketch to plan the composition.
- Determining how large to draw the objects in the scene.
- Creating atmospheric perspective
- Layering techniques for soft pastel.
- Smudging pastels with a rag.
- Drawing on toned paper lays down a great foundation of tone.
- Use lighting to create a sense of cohesion in the scene.
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.