Video shorts are now the most effective way to gain new viewers across all social media platforms.
In this workshop, you’ll get feedback and customized advice on your video shorts. Or, if you are new to video shorts, we can review your artwork and provide recommendations for how to move forward.
We’ll address how to find ideas and develop them into video shorts. Technical aspects including editing techniques, shooting footage, voice overs, will be explained as well.
Enrollment is currently closed
Sign up for our email list to get Premium Workshop notifications.
“Overall, I had a great experience using Discord. I didn’t have to take notes! All the knowledge and conversations are saved. The people in the workshop were very open and assistive to bring up topics I wouldn’t dream of thinking of.”
Watch a Sample Workshop
How it Works
Before the workshop
- Students receive access to the Premium Workshop channels.
- Hang out in the workshop channels so we can see your artwork and site, and chat about your goals to make the workshop more efficient.
- Please know that if you have no experience with Discord, it does take some time to get set up and learn how Discord works.
- Watch this 53 second tour of our Discord for a preview.
- We highly recommend joining several days before the workshop date so you can learn the ropes, troubleshoot any problems, and get help from us to make the workshop run as smoothly as possible for you.
Selecting Your Shorts
- Bring 1 short that you would like the critique to focus on.
- Bring 2 other shorts so we can contextualize short to be critiqued.
- It’s okay if you don’t have any shorts! Provide a website or social media site so we can make recommendations based on your artwork.
- We will look briefly at your social media sites.
During the workshop
- Each student speaks on voice with Prof Lieu and Mia, speaking about their shorts.
- While Prof Lieu, Mia, and a student are on voice, other students in the workshop make suggestions and interact with each other in the workshop channel.
- If there is time, we will do a Q&A where anyone can ask questions on voice.
After the workshop
- A recording of the workshop will be available to workshop participants. The recording will not be available to the public.
- Students have access to the Premium Workshop channels for one week after the workshop date. Ask follow up questions, share resources, and more.
“The workshop guide was great and well prepared. The Art Prof website and resources were terrific, it’s so great to have the warm-up videos and reference photos before the event to get prepared.”
- Limit 10 students
- Enrollment is first come, first serve
- All students are required to join our Discord to participate.
- We will confirm whether the track is running by the Wednesday after the Friday registration deadline.
- If the track does not run, you will receive a full refund no later than a week from the Friday registration deadline.
- All payments are non-refundable if the workshop runs.
- Students must join our Discord at least 24 hours before the workshop starts. There are no refunds if you do not join within this time frame.
- There are no refunds if a student is late or does not attend the workshop for any reason.
- We only issue refunds if the workshop does not run due to lack of enrollment.
- Questions? Contact us.