See how an animation of a snail is made in 1 hour in Procreate! Using basic techniques in Procreate is a quick way to whip up a fun, simple animation of a snail character.
- Animation doesn’t have to be done with complicated software
- Animation can be simple and fast
- Animals without limbs are easier to animate
- “Chatter” technique: drawing the same image on many frames
- “Ping Pong” setting in Procreate’s Animation Assist
- Clean lines vs. Rough lines in animation
- Background layer in Procreate
- “Onion skin” in Procreate
- Incremental changes in frames create a smoother motion
- Learning animation principles matters more than the software you use
- “Chatter” is good for building anticipation in the animation
- Adobe Animate vs. Procreate
- Animation in Procreate vs. in Photoshop
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.