This video demonstrates how to paint a mountain landscape using acryl gouache and watercolor pencils. Techniques for creating a convincing sense of depth and atmosphere in the landscape such as atmospheric perspective and brush work are explained and shown. Demo led by Art Prof Clara Lieu and Teaching Artist Alex Rowe.
- Alternating layers between watercolor pencils & watercolor
- Acryl Gouache vs. Gouache
- Atmospheric Perspective
- Physical properties of acryl gouache
- Acryl Gouache vs. Acrylic
- Pencil Sketch or not?
- Texture in the watercolor pencils
- Seeing beyond literal colors
- Winsor & Newton Watercolor Block, Hot Pressed
- Turner Acryl Gouache, Set of 36
- Creative Mark Artist Paint Brush Set – Mimik Synthethic: #1 Rigor, #2 Rund, #6 Round, #10 Round, 1/2″ Flat
- Plastic Palette
- Faber-Castell “Albrecht Dürer Magnus” Watercolour Pencils
- Faber-Castell Albrecht Durer Watercolor Pencils
- Sumi Brush
- Paper Towels
- Faber-Castell Clic & Go Artist Water Cup
Materials provided by
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.