Many artists feel guilt about so many things: not being productive enough, not making the artwork they “should” be making, not achieving their goals quickly enough as an artist, even just for using expensive art supplies!
- What is art guilt?
- Using expensive art supplies can cause guilt.
- Not being productive “enough” during Covid 19 quarantine.
- The artwork we “should” be working on.
- Lauryn’s guilt for not doing enough thumbnails & prep work
- Commissions vs. Personal Art
- Guilt that you have let down your family, who supported your art.
- Artists are not just their art, we are whole people with many parts to our lives!
- There are so many layers of art guilt, and so many versions of it.
- Expectations from teachers and peers.
- The artwork we love doing, but don’t think is “serious” enough.
- Combination of “Mom guilt” and artist guilt is difficult.
- Guilt that you are not making your best artwork.
- Worry that an artwork is taking too long to complete.
- Feeling pressured to choose between your partner and your art.