See how you can create a fantasy landscape in Procreate, using a broad range of reference photos.
You can dramatically manipulate and transform your reference photos to blend them together into an unusual landscape.
- Selecting a group of images from the Art Prof reference photo collection on Flickr.
- Using Goblin Valley as inspiration for a landscape.
- Sketching thumbnails to figure out the landscape and composition.
- Techniques for how to blend together several reference photos to invent an imagined landscape.
- Start your thumbnails by looking at the largest shapes.
- Drawing your thumbnails at a small scale, and drawing quickly lets you explore many more options.
- How to create a landscape with a desolate atmosphere.
- Thinking about where the horizon line is in a landscape.
- Imagined landscapes allow you to shift the scale of objects.
- Considering point of view inside the imaginary landscape.
- Bird’s eye view vs. worm’s eye view.
- Think about what direction the light is coming from in the scene.
- Would creating a background story help create a better landscape composition?
- You don’t need linear perspective to draw an organic, natural landscape.
- How to use the Clipping Mask in Procreate.
- Traditional and Digital media can be used together.
We want to share your progress!
- Did you do this lesson?
- Submit to have your work to be posted here on this page or mentioned in a live stream.
As a free educational source, Art Prof uses Amazon affiliate links (found in this page) to help pay the bills. This means, Art Prof earns from qualifying purchases.