This 1 day workshop is a chance to learn techniques for capturing a sense of gesture and movement in 2- 10 min. figure drawings. We’ll address ways you can creative an effective structure in a figure while also achieving a volumetric organic forms.
Enrollment is open!
Instructor: Prof Lieu
Saturday, October 22
Registration Deadline: Friday, Oct 14
How it Works
- Students choose 2 of our Timed Drawing Videos with figures to draw from during the workshop.
- First 2 hours: students draw and take occasional breaks to post their drawings into the Discord text channel.
- First 2 hours: on voice, Prof Lieu continually critiques drawings as they are posted in the Discord text channel.
- Last hour: in the Discord voice channel, each student will speak on voice with Prof Lieu about their experience drawing.
- After the workshop, Prof Lieu will write a paragraph for each student which has a review of the student’s artwork made during the workshop + suggestions for how to move forward.
- Limit 12 students
- Enrollment is first come, first serve
- All students are required to be in our Discord.
- We require 7 students to run the workshop.
- We will confirm whether the track is running by the Wednesday after the Friday registration deadline.
- If the track does not run, you will receive a full refund no later than a week from the Friday registration deadline.
- All payments are non-refundable if the workshop runs.
- There are no refunds for if a student is late to the workshop.
- We only issue refunds if the workshop does not run due to lack of enrollment.
- Questions? Contact us.
We understand that many people have limited budgets for supplies, so our premium workshops are structured so that you can use any materials you want, within that workshop’s focus.
Supply Lists: Drawing Media
overview of drawing supplies, ballpoint pen/gel pens, dip pen, brush pen markers, Caran d’Ache crayons, graphite powder, colored pencil, soft pastel, oil pastel, pencil, charcoal, ink wash, scratchboard, oil sticks